Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Kalaya Remedy Acne 2 Piece System

This was bound to happen to me sooner or later.  I saw this set on The Shopping Channel.  I don't know if anyone out there noticed that their beauty section has expanded dramatically, and now they have some truly luxurious lines; for example Giorgio Armani and Shu Uemura (lines that you can only get at Holt Renfrew). The only drawback is that the lines aren't complete, so sometimes finding what you want is not possible.  But a big plus are the short videos and demos of product use and application.

Anyways this line comes on. It is created by a pharmacist and a doctor, it is Canadian, it contains no benzoyl peroxide or alcohol, it is non-drying, non-peeling, and the well spoken gentleman in the lab coat (a true pharmacist) along with the host and testimony videos had me convinced.

Both products smell like tea tree oil; not offensive but not lovely either.  The tubes are huge, more like body product sized (150ml lotion and 250ml cleanser), they'd last for a while; and the price was right too $34.98 CAD for the set. They felt nice for the first couple of days.  Then I got the rash.... well no... I wouldn't say rash, more like red blotches, which were super, super itchy and felt hot.  They covered my ears, my neck, my chest, my belly, and my hips, but not my face.  I don't know why I decided to test this out on my body first, but I'm soooo glad I did. My t-shirt rubbing against my collarbone was driving me insane, that's how itchy I was.

I stopped using Kalaya products, and treated my itchy spots with argan oil. It took a couple of days but the blotches disappeared. It seems I'm allergic to something in either the cleanser or lotion or both, Could it be tea tree oil? Either way, it's a big pass for me on these products.

Oh, and I'm also annoyed with myself, because by the time I remembered that the Shopping Channel has a 30 day money back guarantee, it was too late....

2 comments:

  1. I purchased this product from the Shopping Channel and after four applications I am suffering greatly. The product has broken my face out very badly. I am covered in small oozing blisters. I am currently icing my face and using Lanacane, Calamine Lotion and am taking Benadryl tablets to help ease the burning itch. I have no idea what is in this product to afford such a reaction. After an unsuccessful try with Proactiv (because of the high peroxide level) I was hoping that Kalaya would be my saviour.

    If purchasing I would try it on a small area of the face first before using it all over. I have photos of the rash and believe me it is not pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I'm so sorry to hear that. I thought my itchy blotches were horrible but your experience sounds so much more painful... I sincerely hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete