Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Ole Henriksen Rub 'N Buff Salt Scrub

I love to exfoliate my legs, because I hate ingrown hairs.  I do it every other day.  When I was running out of my favorite, I decided to try something new, and headed to my Sephora.  I picked out a scrub by Ole Henriksen because it read so very nice on their website:

"Create your own at-home spa experience while indulging body and mind with sea salt to clarify, and lavender oil to calm, soothe, and ease away tension. Uplifting lemongrass oil adds a zesty fragrance to this densely textured, spa salt scrub. "

, and because it's such a lovely seafoam color.

I don't know what spa these people hang out at, but I just could not stand the smell of this scrub. It's nasty, but I decided to hold my breath and use it anyway, because the size of the jar is generous and the price is not that bad either ($48.00 US for 28oz). I also hate returning things. I just don't do it. If I hate it I'll throw it out, or give it away if I know someone who'd want it, but I usually don't pass off my garbage onto someone else. 

So anyways back to the scrub.  I'm 3/4 done with the jar; I got used to the smell, but that doesn't mean I think it smells good, it just means I got used to it. It's not wonderful.  The instructions state to use it on wet skin, but that seems wrong, as when I tried it, it did not exfoliate but just melt off. I use it on dry skin, then shower.  But I'm getting ingrown hairs, seems to be a lot of filler, not a lot of exfoliation.  This product is a major pass for me. Once I'm done with the jar, I will not be repurchasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment