Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bath & Body Works: Citrus Body Scrub

I was shopping for a body scrub a couple of months ago; while browsing I ended up at Bath and Body Works, and an SA there pointed me to their need a margarita? citrus body scrub. The minute I smelled it I knew I was going to buy it. It was the most heavenly, refreshing, delicious smell. My first thought was mmmmmmm ginger ale.... loooove it. This little jar (6oz) set me back $15 CAD. 
Upon purchase I wished the jar was a bit bigger, this wasn't going to last me long at all. But it turns out to be a good thing. Because other than the amazing smell, this body scrub doesn't have much going for it. It is very, very oily, and turns your tub/shower into a health hazard. Very slippery, one must be careful when applying and also diligent in cleaning up after so as not to inadvertently set a trap for the next person (if you share your washroom), or yourself. It also leave a greasy film on your legs (or wherever you use the scrub), some might enjoy it, but I did not. It required a lot of soaping up to get rid of it. The scrub particles are also very big, and the scrub is kind of runny, so it isn't very effective in actually exfoliating.  

So love the scent, but pass on the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment