Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Clinique - Touch Base for Eyes

 
This is my favorite primer for my eyes, in shade 10 Canvas. It has perfect creamy consistency with just a touch of sheen to it.  I apply it and blended in with my finger, the perfect tool :) As you can see from the picture below it is well used.  I've had it for about 6 months now, I don't use it every day, and it has not dried out on me. It wears really well, keeps my shadows from creasing or fading all day long. It retails for $14 USD or $17.50 CAD.
 I know that many beauty lovers/gurus out there swear by Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, but I just can't bring myself to pay money for it. I really dislike their packaging. It looks as if getting the last of the product out would be a real hassle. Not so with my Clinique, which is also cheaper by the way.

And so Touch Base is a winner in my book. Definitely worth a re-purchase. I'm also really tempted by their other shades: Canvas Light and Petal Shimmer. Those two could be worn alone as shadows.  I'll keep an eye out for a Clinique promotion of a gift with purchase; it is a favorite way of mine to shop.

3 comments:

  1. I remember purchasing this waaay back when - unfortunately, this creases on me within a few hours. I'm one of the UDPP devotees. I love it and it holds up well for me. I usually pull out the plastic thing on the tip of the bottle (the thing the wipes off excess as you pull it out) and got a longer life out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Too Faced Shadow Insurance? Apparently, it's pretty much the same as UDPP, but has a much better packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried Too Faced eye primer... but next time I'm in Sephora I'll check it out (excellent rating on their site)... and maybe even give UDPP a chance... so many people raving over both, can't be wrong :)

    ReplyDelete