Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dr. Hauschka Lip Care Stick

I discovered Dr. Hauschka lip balm about 7 years ago.  Have been a faithful user since. This is my purse buddy, I do not leave home without it. Until I found Josie Maran's argan oil lip treatment Dr. Hauschka is all used. Now I have one for home (Maran)  and one on the go (Dr. H).

Dr. Hauschka is a holistic skin care line originating from Germany. Their products are certified natural and free of artificial preservatives; and the ingredients used are ecologically and ethically sourced out.  All in all a very nice line. I've used a few products, and I enjoyed them.

Dr. H's lip balm is not vegan, because it contains beeswax. But I cannot give it up. Jojoba wax and shea butter protect my pucker from the elements and getting dry or cracked. Plenty of other plant waxes and oils soften and nurture your lips keeping them lovely and kissable all year round.  The color is a dark orange-yellow, and it has a very delicate herbal scent. It glides easily onto your lips, leaving them with a lovely sheen as well as moisturized. The company also states that this lip balm does not encourage dependency, but I tend to disagree on this point because I cannot go without.

Dr. Hauschka line used to be carried only by salons and spas.  But then Sephora arrived in Canada, and they had it on their shelves. For one reason or another Sephora discontinued Dr. H in their stores a while back. However about a year ago or maybe more I found Dr. H on the shelves of Shopper Drug Mart stores (but not all stores carry it).  This made me extremely happy because I'm a sucker for anything with a reward point system. And shelling out $18.00 CAD for a .16oz stick is pricey. I also found this line at Whole Foods and The Big Carrot.

When Jay first found out how much I spend on lip balm he was shocked.  He relied on a popular drug store brand. I asked him to play along and use Dr. H. Of course I had a convert almost instantly. Once, when he run out he repurchased his drug store brand, and realized the huge difference between the two. He hasn't strayed since, and we always have backups at home. 

And here is a list of ingredients; notice that the list does not read like something from a chemical lab.
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Beeswax/Cera Flava, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil (Jojoba Wax), Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Farnesol, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower Wax, Lecithin

No comments:

Post a Comment