Sunday, December 19, 2010

mini brushes from MAC's Tartan collection

On Dec. 14th Dalton McGuinty sent me a cheque for $335. For non-Ontarians all you need to know is that it's a government kickback due to some tax changes that took place in our province. I took that as a sign that I need to treat myself…  so three days later while Christmas shopping for family, I ended up at MAC and purchased this mini brush set from their Holiday Tartan collection. 

It retailed for $58 CAD. The bag the brushes came in is very pretty, and can be used as a purse; shoulder strap was included. But I don't know if I will because my purse equals a carry on, I don't see how I can fit my essentials into this tiny thing.  I might give it to someone as a treat.

They had 3 different sets to choose from. Two of them were sold out, but luckily not the one I wanted. They were down to 4 though. So my brush set includes mini versions of 187, 168, 252, 219, and 209 (from left to right). 
Now I feel like my brush set is complete, I finally own a brush for every job there is. I kind of like the shorter brush handles, and for the price, I'm really happy with the quality as well.

1 comment:

  1. They look so cute.

    I want to get a set from this collection, but after spending AU$64 ($32 each) on two eyeshadows (and they weren't very pigmented), I decided not to purchase anymore from this collection. Everything is so expensive in Australia, I need to start purchasing from the US so I can save so much more.

    ReplyDelete