Monday, December 27, 2010

my Boxing Day

Yesterday Jay and I decided to experience the Boxing Day rush. We drove to Yorkdale Mall, because there is a store there that Jay wanted to visit, we felt adventurous, and lately we rock when it comes to getting the perfect parking spot.

We arrived at around 4pm. The parking lot was packed, but wouldn't you know it, 5min of working our way to the front, we found a sweet spot next to Sears. We were so close, we left our jackets in the car and dashed for the mall doors.

And it was packed, crazy lineups to electronic stores, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, and a couple others. I don't know what kind of sales these places had, because we weren't about to stand in a line. We just basically enjoyed the madness, and browsed a lot.

We didn't leave empty handed though. Jay bought himself a lovely winter coat. I raided the science fiction and fantasy section at Chapters, bought myself 5 books I can't wait to read. Then at The Body Shop I purchased an almond oil cuticle pen, and two nail polishes.  I think these were a Holiday special, because only two shades were available: Twinkling Pink and Starry Night.  I'm not in love with the colors but I do like them, and I had to have them because: one I didn't have any Body Shop polishes in my collection yet, and two, at $5 per polish I just couldn't resist.
 And so that was our Boxing Day haul :)

I visited the MAC (cosmetics) store, but wasn't tempted by anything from the new line. I'm saving my pennies for the Chanel, Dior, YSL, and Estée Lauder spring lines which should hit Toronto stores mid January. Can hardly wait.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, am preparing for a Chanel purchase. I'm still making decisions - although I think Black Pearl will definitely be on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, looking at the swatches online makes my nails itch I want it so bad :)

    ReplyDelete