Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Pür Minerals

It just seems to me that mineral makeup is all the rage. Claims of being good for your skin, especially if your skin is problematic, had me tempted to try it. I chose to try Pür Minerals, because their sample set, was right for my pocket at around $40 CAD. It is called Pur Minerals Pur-fect 4 Piece Starter Kit and it includes (from left to right) 4-in-1 Pressed Powder Mini, Mineral Glow Mini, Mineral Marble Powder Mini, and Pur Tip (the brush).
4-in-1 Pressed Powder Mini is their version of a powder, foundation, and concealer all in one. Hmmm that's three... what's the fourth one? Anyways I didn't like it. The coverage was minimal, I didn't like the way it sat on my skin, and my face felt kind of itchy with it on. I can think of a couple of people who could wear this foundation, but their faces look perfect without any makeup to start with. 

Pictured in the middle is their Mineral Glow Mini. For that sun kissed look, and it's an alright product. It has a little bit of  a shine to it, but it's settle enough. I like to wear it on top of my cheeks.

Next, Mineral Marble Powder Mini. This is my favorite product from this set. It can be used on your cheeks, your lids (I really liked it on my eyes), or it can be paired with a mineral lip gloss and used on your lips (I'll just stick with my regular lip gloss), but on cheeks and eyes... this product is lovely.

Now for the brush that's included in the set. I hate it. One, it sheds. Two, it hurts. I'm serious, this is the prickliest brush ever. It felt like it was scratching my skin, not buffing the minerals in. It needs a serious redesign.
So, overall, I'm not sold on the mineral foundation hype with Pür Minerals, but I will try others... because I'm an addict...

1 comment:

  1. These sound delightful.The flavors sound wonderful too.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete