Thursday, December 2, 2010

Burberry Eye Liner in Midnight Blue

My sisters and I agree that gift certificates are meant to acquire things you want, not things you need. So I acquired another Burberry item at the same time as my Almond eye shadow; an eye pencil (thank you family). The pencil is square (kind of neat) with a signature Burberry gunmetal cap.  Each pencil comes with its own sharpener (that's neat too); and it is a good one, not only for Burberry pencils.

The color I chose is called Midnight Blue, and it sure is.  In daylight you can barely see the blue, and when I swatched it in store, I seriously thought I picked out a black one until I read the name. However as you can see a change of light, brings out the beautiful dark navy of this pencil. I love it.  The formula is smooth, and creamy, and easily blendable.  The SA also said that it is waterproof... That doesn't concern  me, a waterproof or not feature never enters the "to purchase, or not to purchase" decision. I don't know it's just never been a selling point for me, and never something that I specifically look for.

While the pencil is gorgeous, and I'm glad I own it, I'm super happy that it was a birthday treat.  It retails for $30.00 CAD per pencil... ouch!!!... so it's definately not a must own, but it is a great gift for makeup aficionados :) . There are plenty of cheaper options out there, with equal quality.  One Burberry pencil in my collection is all I need... for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment