Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream-Gel

For the past couple of years now, almost every skincare product I've purchased had at least one of the following in it's description or name:
- anti-aging
- wrinkle prevention
- wrinkle correction
- line eraser
- smoothing
- plumping
- resurfacing
- reversing
- reinforcing
- time arresting
- youth recovery
- firming
I'm not really afraid of aging, I just don't see reason in speeding up the process. In truth I don't think any of the products really live up to all the claims, and I don't expect miracles, but still I purchase them. My latest acquisition (early November) is Clarins Multi-Active Day Early Wrinkle Correction Cream-Gel for normal and combination skin types. For me at $57.00 CAD it falls into the mid range pricewise.  It's not the most expensive thing on the shelf but not exactly cheap either.

I'm not quite sure how to tell it's working. One it might be too soon, but two if I do get a wrinkle, would I have gotten two if I didn't use this cream.... hmmmm.  But here is what Clarins claims
    1. Corrects early signs of aging
    > Ambiaty extract encourages the synthesis of the main components dermal-epidermal junction and papillary dermis.  
    2. Helps slow down the appearance of visible fine lines
     > Hesperidin delivers a reinforced, continuous antioxidant action preventing skin damage  caused by free radicals.
    3. Provides moisturization, comfort and radiance
    > Katafray and Quinoa moisturizes and nourishes the skin.
    > The E3P complex protects the skin against pollution.
    > Light-reflecting pigments minimize the appearance of fine lines and instant radiance.


Well beside the point of does it really work on the first sings of aging, I quite like this cream.  It's non greasy, absorbs quickly, has lovely creamy-gel texture, feels silky when applied, and it smells sooo good. I love it, I just want to stick my nose in the jar... gorgeous. And as you can see it's a pretty pale pink in color. It might be a bit heavy for the hot humid days of summer but this cold weather calls for something richer than lotion and I've found it.

If I do notice changes in a couple of months and I'm not tempted by anything else on the market I will be repurchasing... winter is long and cruel to skin in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment