Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Versace Bright Crystals

I first sampled this fragrance at Sephora in March, and I loved it. On several subsequent visits, I would sample it, just to make sure I still liked it, and I did.

And then one day in July I was picking up a few essentials at Shoppers Drug Mart and there it was again.  I gave in and used my points and some cash to purchase it.

It is a nice light fragrance. But now that I've had it for 5 months or so... I came to realize I don't love it, I kind of like it, but not really. Somehow I just feel like it's too young and bright for me. hmmmm you think the name Bright Crystals would have given me a clue... and every single day, I dislike the top more and more, it's just so ridiculously huge. I own the 1.7oz bottle, and the top seems to be as big as the body.

Maybe it's the winter blues because on Sephora's site this perfume has near perfect rating score.  So it definitely has lots of fans. I think I'll shelve it and see if my love for it will return with warmer months... because right now I'm over it.

And since my ability to describe a scent basically compromises of "like it, don't like it".  Here is a more insightful description from Sephora:

Inspired by a mixture of Donatella Versace's favorite floral fragrances, Bright Crystal is a fresh, sensual blend of refreshing chilled yuzu and pomegranate mingled with soothing blossoms of peony, magnolia, and lotus flower, warmed with notes of musk and amber.

Notes: Iced Accord, Yuzu, Pomegranate, Peony, Magnolia, Lotus Flower, Acajou, Vegetal Amber, Musk.
Style: Sheer. Sensual. Luminous.

No comments:

Post a Comment