Thursday, January 6, 2011

Bvlgari Perfume

I love perfume. I would love to have a signature fragrance, but I cannot commit to just one scent. I'm always on the search for the next one. I fell in love with Bvlgari  Voile de Jasmin on one of my many visits to Sephora. It is sooo light and gorgeous.
From Sephora's website:
Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Bergamot, Citrus, Tuberose, Hesperidic, Musk.
Style: A sensual and refined scent.

It is lovely, warm, floral, romantic. The only drawback: it retails for $140something CAD ($132 USD)  for a 100ml (3.4 oz) bottle. I wanted it, but I didn't want to pay that much for it. That's why Beyond the Rack is one of my fave discoveries of 2010. A website very similar to Hautelook (another great site, sometimes Butter nail polish goes on sale for $5 per bottle). Designer goodies go on sale everyday on both.  However unlike Hautelook, Beyond the Rack has regular fragrance sales. They alter between sales of fragrances just for women and just for men; and the brands always change as well. So I decided to be patient and wait for Bvlgari. I missed it once, it sold out. Next time a fragrance sale was coming up I was more vigilant, and got a 100 ml bottle for $65 CAD... isn't that a crazy steal? I needed to be a bit more patient because it took a bit over a month for it to arrive on my doorstep (I ordered on Nov. 27'10 and it arrived on Jan. 4'11). But it was totally worth it.

Few months back when I missed Voile de Jasmin. I ordered Bvlgari Rose Essentielle instead. Same crazy discount, and it took just a bit over 3 weeks to arrive.
From Sephora's website:
Notes: Rose Prelude, Blackberry, Feuille de Violette, Living Mimosa, Jasminum Sambac, Patchouli, Bois de Gaiac .
Style: Luxurious. Feminine. Delicate. 

It is nice, but not as nice as Voile de Jasmin. Because of the name I expected it to smell very much like roses, but to me it doesn't. It's definitely flowery but not rosy. Like it, don't love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment