Sunday, January 16, 2011

Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

So once I run out of my Boscia Cleansing Oil, I picked up a tube of Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel. Same concept: to melt off a day of makeup before the main cleansing.

This pre-cleanse has a very lovely light scent. It comes out as gel, but as you smooth it over your face it melts, and turns into oil. A touch of water will turn it milky.

I like the smell, that's it. It isn't as good in taking off eye make up as the Boscia one, especially mascara (and I don't even use a waterproof one). I usually have to follow up with an eye makeup remover. If you open your eyes, (like I did), it does sting, not painfully but it's definitely not comfortable. And it doesn't rinse off clean, but leaves an oily residue behind on my face. I suppose if you have really dry skin this might be a good thing, but I really dislike the oily feeling.

So at $36 CAD this product is a purchase regret I won't be repeating.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that stinks. I always hate those regret purchases. I'm still trying to find the perfect cleanse off oil. Right now I'm using MAC's version. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it just yet.

    ReplyDelete