Friday, January 21, 2011

Clinique: Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

So I have been cursed with problematic skin. In my early 30s and breaking out... frustration is my daily companion when it comes to my face. One sweet day I will have my unicorn: "nearly flawless complexion"... but at the moment I'm still on the quest.

I found this foundation one day at Sephora. I liked the idea of it being targeted for acneic skin types.  This foundation has a 0.5% salicylic acid to fight blemishes, is oil free, and neutralizes redness quite nicely. I like how it feels, and glides on easily as well (I use my mini MAC 187 brush), has nice coverage, and the color matches me very closely.

The only problem: it wears on my face for about 4-5 hours, then starts to melt, or settle into pores, or just starts to look "broken" if you know what I mean. And I need something with a bit more staying power.

So this is a good foundation, but not excellent. At $30 CAD ($24.50 USD) it falls into mid range price wise (in my opinion), and is therefore a mid quality foundation (on my face at least).  I will use up what I bought, but at this time I won't be repurchasing when I run out... too many other options out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment