Tuesday, January 4, 2011

just as good

Jay gets regular pedicures.  I couldn't stand to look at his heels, early on in our relationship, soo neglected. He resisted at first... until his first one. Now he gets them regularly... can't live without :)
This past Sunday I convinced him to get a manicure. He's a nail-bitter, who's trying to quit. The 2mm of new nail growth is driving him crazy, and I suggested he has a professional, trim, clean, and pamper his digits. Because if he can leave them alone for just a tad longer, he can defeat his nasty habit.

Sometimes he gets teased by family and friends as being "gay" for it.... ahhh such narrow-mindedness. Whatever!!!! The spa that we frequent, is staffed by some very pretty girls. I seriously doubt he feels "gay", when a pretty little lady rubs his feet or hands :)

Well that's enough of an intro, because  this post is becoming all about him, instead of all about me :)

Anyways... I've been admiring Guerlain's Or Impérial Sublime Radiant Powder Face & Body  since it came out. It is a limited edition item. I love it, but I just cannot bring myself to buy it for the following reasons:
1. It isn't practical. I love it, but when and where would I wear it?
2. It retails for $85 USD almost $100 CAD... that's a lot of money for sparkles.
3. It has just a tad over 3 star rating on Sephora... clearly not a winner. (However that is based on only 4 reviews to date.)
4. I could buy 3-10 bottles of nail polish for that money... depending on the brand :)

So this past Sunday while he was getting his manicure at our favorite spa, of course I was on his mind... hahahaha (I'm a bit of a narcissist). He picked up a little treat for moi... it isn't Guerlain, but it is a bottle of perfumed sparkles at a fraction of the price.  So cute... looks adorable on my dresser... :)
The shimmer is not as fine as Guerlain's, and it is silver while I believe Guerlain's is gold... The scent is light and lovely, but evaporates almost instantly; I hear that's an issue with Guerlain spray shimmer as well, but I don't know for sure since I don't own it. So for my purpose this little bottle will do. I no longer need to own the Guerlain one... well not this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment