Monday, January 24, 2011

Lush: Crème Anglaise sample

This is a little sample of the Crème Anglaise body lotion, that I got while shopping at Lush with my sister.  I was curious about it because it is the priciest cream on their shelves that I noticed. At $44.95 CAD for a 225g jar, it's practically double of any other lotion they sell.

Then I realized that this lotion is infused with saffron - the most expensive spice in the world. I don't know what, if any benefits saffron has for the skin, but unless close to miraculous it is not incentive enough for me to spend that much money. Especially when Lush carries other less pricey lotions that read very delicious. I'm not a big fan of saffron in my food, and the same applies to my body lotion. It seems more of a gimmick that actual benefit. I'm also not crazy over the scent. I feel it is very powdery... and well... powdery just doesn't do it for me. 

But there are some positive points. This is a very luscious lotion, I loved the texture. It is non-greasy, and quick absorbing, and very moisturizing. I hope the less pricey Lush lotions have those qualities.

2 comments:

  1. I love Lush, but some things are stupid expensive. Have you even seen Gorgeous moisturizer? It's almost $100, for moisturizer! I'd rather buy Chanel (which, I did. ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no I haven't but that is a heavy price tag... and I'd rather spend that kind of money on Chanel as well :)

    ReplyDelete