Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mario Badescu Free Sample

Years, and years ago I remember reading an interview with Liv Tyler, when she was the new up and comer. The interviewer asked her about her skin (it was a beauty mag), and she named a Mario Badescu product she uses and can't live without; but I don't remember the specific product. I don't know if she still uses Mario Badescu line, but since that thought randomly popped into my head a couple of weeks ago, I went online to investigate and learn some more.

Her face is still on their website, along with Ashley Judd, Jennifer Aniston (her skin is gorgeous), Naomi Campbell, Charlize Theron and many others.

Their product line is very extensive, and at the same time very reasonably priced (in my opinion). I want to try so many things... lol. So while browsing and reading, I navigated to their consulting page, and filled out information about myself and my skin.  When done I was presented with a list of products, recommended to me based on my answers. I didn't buy anything, but I did keep the list.

A few days later I received an email from the company, informing that they would like to send me samples that were recommended free of charge. Of course I could not resist free samples so I accepted, and received the following (pictured from left to right):

  - Special Cleansing Lotion "C"
- Enzyme Cleansing Gel
- Drying Cream
- Hyaluronic Eye Cream
- Collagen Moisturizer SPF 15
- Healing & Sooting Mask

Sadly I believe the free sample offer is only available to US and Canada, but you can still fill out the questionnaire and get recommendations. Along with my samples the package also included a catalog listing all their products, and a brochure listing the products that were sent to me (and a couple that were recommend but weren't in stock) along with instructions of how, when, and in which order to use them. I absolutely love it, and can't wait to try it.

I know a spa/salon in Toronto that sells Mario Badescu products, I might pay them a visit in the near future. But while I use my samples I'll keep my fingers crossed that Hautelook will sell Mario Badescu soon (they have a few times in the past already). I like a good deal. I will consider ordering online from the company too, especially if the loonie is higher than the greenback and I can get free shipping.

Will keep you updated :)

2 comments:

  1. You gotta love when a company gives samples out to customers - be it from a company's website or a counter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, just wanted to let you know I awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award. Keep up the good work! *hugs*

    http://prettyindayton.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blogger-awared-thank-you-to-jen.html

    ReplyDelete