Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clinique Eye Shadow in Fresh Picked Pear 02

I have an eye shadow rule that I never broke until I bought this palette. I never purchased a palette in which all the shades are pressed into one pan without separation. They just simply run into each other. I don't know why but I absolutely hate it.  The exceptions are blushes, bronzers, and highlights in which if more than one color are present, are meant to be swirled together. Otherwise I want my shades to be clearly pressed into their own separate pan. (My Dior Tailleur Bar Palette doesn't count, it was a gift, that I never plan on using, it's an art piece.)
But this past summer at the Clinique counter I saw this compact and I had to have it even though, both shades share the same pan. I just loved the design. So gorgeous. At first I didn't want to use it, but as you can see, I have dipped into it. My rule still stands, but with an exception now :) This was a limited edition item for their spring 2010 Juiced Up Color Collection... this palette is called Fresh Picked Pear.
Color swatches.  I really like both shades, they wear really well and blend nicely. The colors are really soft, so they create a nice light look. Perfect for day on which I want color, but don't want to go all out.
And so this is another Clinique winner for me. I don't remember what I paid for this little compact, it was a few months back. But definitely no regrets about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment