Monday, February 7, 2011

Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl Liner in Oriental Metal

Guerlain is definitely a line that will leave a dent in your pocket. When I first saw these kohls, I wanted one, but it took me 6 months before I finally made my purchase. The container is small, but gorgeous.
This stick looks intimidating, but it is the best applicator ever. It tight-lines your upper and lower lash line in one go. It actually looks kind of freaky watching someone do it, but trust me it doesn't hurt and doesn't scratch your eye. There are a few videos on YouTube that show you how, but this one is my favorite, simply because it's short and straight to the point. The powder is extremely finely milled. When I got some on my eye it did not hurt or sting, I simply blinked it away.
Oriental Metal is a gorgeous multidimensional shimmery taupe. Up close it appears more brown, but with a little distance it's more gray. This swatch doesn't do it justice. I tried really hard to capture the amazing shimmer.
 
The beautiful color and the staying power of this kohl totally justifies the price, $35 USD. My eyes pictured at 4pm... I lined them at 5:30am and did not reapply (should have paid more attention to my outer corners :)). It's not as intense as it is upon first application but after 10 hours of wear, it's pretty awesome.
 
I would love to acquire Mirage and Blue... but I will hold off... I think...

3 comments:

  1. I just purchased this myself and I'm in love with it too. I still am trying to get the hang of application, but the color is gorgeous and even with my eyes it stays put relatively well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely color! You can't go wrong with taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Styrch, I know the application, so intimidating, even tough I have the hang of it now, watching videos of it still creeps me out a bit :)

    Totally agree Jeannine... taupe is fabulous :0)

    ReplyDelete