Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lancôme Color Design Eye Shadow

I know there are those out there who do not like multi eye shadow palettes, and will not purchase one unless they truly love each and every shade in it.  They prefer individual shades that they can mix and match on their own. But personally I really like and prefer multi color eye shadow palettes to singles, simply because I feel the job of color coordinating has been done for me and I cannot go wrong if I stick with the shades in it. Artistic I am not... multi shade palettes are fool-proof... make up design for beginners :)

These two palettes were a part of gift with purchase from Lancôme, on two separate occasions. I love them, seven great shades in each one; and Lancôme has awesome eye shadow quality: in wear, pigmentation, blendability, and color range.
Palette number 1: great for an evening, dark or smokey look. Haven't perfected it yet... but working on it.
Pictured from left to right:
Style Section - metallic
Optic - sheen
Garment - intense
The New Black - metallic
Pictured from left to right:
Drama - shimmer
Camisole - shimmer
The New Blue - metallic
Palette number 2: a day friendly color range, soft, neutral, lovely
Pictured from left to right:
Kitten Heel - shimmer
Off the Rack - metallic
Honeymoon - sheen
Montage - shimmer
Pictured from left to right:
Mannequin - shimmer
Guest List - shimmer
Mochaccino -  matte
 
Individually each shade retails for $22 CAD, there is no way that I would be able to spend that much money to acquire each one without a heart ache.  I almost feel, that there is no point in buying another palette or shade ever again. All I have to do is wait for Lancôme to have another gift with purchase where they include one.... almost... It is impossible for me to be that faithful to one brand.

1 comment: