Monday, February 21, 2011

MAC Wonder Woman Collection Lipstick in Russian Red

it went something like this...

Jay: Have you seen the Wonder Woman lipstick at MAC?
Me: Yes.. I've been browsing the collection online for a while now.
Jay: Yeah... but did you know it's available in stores now?
Me: ummm no....
Jay: Yeah it is. I think you should get yourself a Wonder Woman lipstick.
Me: What?
Jay: I think you need one.
Me: Well I kind of like the peach shade.
Jay: Wonder Woman does not wear peach.
Me: What?
Jay: She wears red... like really red lipstick. I think you should get the red one...
Me: Ok.....
Jay: Do you need money?
Me: ummmmm ok....
Jay: So you going to get the red one right?
Me: Yes...
Jay: Every woman needs a Wonder Woman lipstick... and Wonder Woman wears red....
Me: Red... right....

OMG!... is there an outfit in the future to match this shade????!!!

Well anyways here it it. I like the packaging a lot.  A bullet shaped lipstick tube, in a red MAC box which is blue with white stars on the inside, and a Wonder Woman sleeve encompassing it all. 
 I like the red star on the side a lot... just an extra little touch. Some may find this packaging tacky, but I'm not one of them....
 a couple of swatches.... It's called Russian Red... I'm not sure when I'll wear it out. A shade like that, requires a look all on its own....
 wow it is really red... excuse the uneven application swatch... A red matte of this caliber actually requires some application skill and patience, that I realized I don't possess. I bet Wonder Woman did though.... :)

2 comments:

  1. That red is a RED RED. WOW! You wold definitely need a specific outfit to go with such a bold color. But I like it A LOT!

    ~LinZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, that packaging...MAC was really showing off with this collection.

    And I love the lipstick...it looks so awesome with your skin. Please wear it out at least once? Even just to go to the supermarket? Or to take out the garbage?

    ReplyDelete