Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bobbi Brown Makeup Lesson at Holt Renfrew

I am on a makeup quest. I have an event coming up and finding a makeup artist and a makeup brand that will meet my expectations is becoming an all consuming obsession. This past Saturday I was once again in a makeup chair at Holt Renfrew, this time a the Bobbi Brown counter for their "Makeup Lessons" event.

Boy I just don't have much luck. Products were lovely and my makeup artist was lovely... personality-wise. We wore the same makeup colors and brand in high school :) and had a friend with the same first name :) But she did not keep track of any of the products (specifically shadow colors) that she used on my eyes... she talked as she applied them, but didn't write them down... and I just lost track (I remember two)... and...

I thought my makeup looked great in the store. But when I got home and started to snap pics, I just thought "my face doesn't match my neck". Then I thought "omg I was in public for a couple of hours looking like that!". Then I thought maybe it's all in my head, and decided to wait for Jay's unbiased honest opinion.

He came in and said:
Jay: "Hi baby..."
Me: "Hi... sooo what do you think?"
Jay: "Wow your eyes really pop."
Me: "Good or bad."
Jay: "Good, it's really pretty."
Me: "Ok, what about the face?"
Jay: "It's a bit orange...no?"
Me: "I don't know, I'm asking you."
Jay: "....hmmmmm ummmm you look a bit Jersey Shore"
Me: "What?"
Jay: "You know, like an Oompa Loompa...
Me: "ugh... I knew it"

So no pictures of my face... they're a bit tragic. But here are a couple of my eyes.

1 comment: