Thursday, March 10, 2011

Giorgio Armani La Femme Bleue Long Wear Waterproof Eye Pencil

I love eye pencils… I don't know why… I just do. Jay and I were at Holt Renfrew this past weekend, and as were were passing the Giorgio Armani display, their spring line caught my eye. Specifically two pencils: one green, the other brown. (There is also a black one, but I own enough black pencils, so I let it go.)
The pencils are light metallic lavender on the outside, kind of pretty. Both pencils are matte in color and waterproof...
First I swatched the green one on my hand, and my chest automatically tightened (that's my usual reaction to a product I fall in love with instantly). It glided (like an ice cube in a hot pan), no pressure required, and it left the most intense highly pigmented dark hunter green streak behind. I tried the brown one and same thing.  I had to have them… just had to.
If you need an incredible waterproof eyeliner and have a Giorgio Armani counter near you, this is the pencil you are looking for. They are a limited edition (for their 2011 spring line), so they wont be around forever. Cost: $30 CAD each… pricey… but this is one of those products where quality totally justifies the price tag.
I contemplated of picking up a couple of backups, but I'm going to risk it and won't. Instead I'm keeping my fingers crossed hoping that by the time I run out, they'll be back for another limited time run.

1 comment:

  1. These look great, but

    I wouldn't pay that much for a liner!

    ReplyDelete