Sunday, March 13, 2011

how it started

I never thought I'd shell out money for a designer nail polish. That is until I talked to my sister who has a soft spot for Chanel. I thought for the price of one Chanel I can buy 3 OPI, or Essie, or Zoya, or countless others. She counter argued, and it wasn't so much what she said, but how she said it... her tone describing her love for Chanel planted a seed in my brain.

I resisted for a while, but since our conversation (over a year ago) every time I passed a Chanel counter I could hear her in my head. Eventually I gave in... and now I'm a convert. Chanel, Dior, Estée Lauder, YSL, Lancôme... I have added from all to my collection...  and now I look forward to new colors each season... limited editions make me weak in the knees.... oh Karolina how right you are :)
 I still buy an occasional Zoya, or OPI, or China Glaze, I mean these are some great companies with great colors. But designer ones have my heart... I cannot afford their, shoes, purses, or clothes... but owning a little pot, bottle, tube, or palette, labeled Chanel, Dior, or YSL is a piece of luxury within my reach...

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have a really nice collection! I'm jealous! I don't own any Chanel or Dior or other designer brand polishes, but I fully intend to someday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection. :)

    I don't think I could bring myself to spend that much on nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol, girll you're better than me.
    I own some high end polish, but no dior, ysl, or chanel for me. I've been sorely tempted, and while I can justify a $16 polish, I sure can't justify a $20+ one. Especially when the bottle is tiny as hell.

    However, if chanel brought back nuit de russie or holographic, I could surely be persuaded. *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never intended to own so many... somehow the collection got out of hand and I don't even know when it happened... I haven't worn polish in 4 months... is there a nail polish anonymous?... I need a 12 step program... :)

    ReplyDelete