Thursday, March 31, 2011

Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation

I acquired this foundation after my makeup lesson at Laura Mercier counter at Holt Renfrew.  While I wasn't impressed with the application by the "makeup artist" (too heavy and a bit uneven), I saw potential because I really liked the color match, and decided that I'm willing to spend $55 CAD.

This is LMs oil free foundation in Warm Ivory. I would classify it as a medium to full in coverage. I find that it has a lot of pigmentation and I need one pump and a bit for my whole face. I apply it using my Sigma F80 brush and I like the end result. It covers beautifully, evenly, and it doesn't budge for about 6-7 hours. I tested it over a few different primers, and got the same wear time with each one.

Now will I repurchase? It depends. This foundation is definitely better than most that I've tried to date, but I'm not ready to settle down with it yet. At this time I have moved it to the top of my mental favorite list. Once I've tried all others that I want, and none of them come close, then yes I will repurchase… so it will be a couple of years at least, before I know for sure…

2 comments:

  1. Chantecaille, CHANEL, Guerlain, Dior, YSL, La Prairie, Cle de Peau Beaute, Estee Lauder, Le Metier de Beaute… to name a few :)

    ReplyDelete