Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sigma Synthetic Face Kit

     Anyone with any interest in makeup knows that good brushes are just as essential as good quality products. I have a few brushes, that I paid good money for, and they are worth it. But there is nothing like getting a quality product for less than you were willing to pay for it.
     One of my favorite makeup aficionados to watch on youtube is Lisasz09. She has a couple of videos in which she just raves about these brushes. So I decided to check them out. Individually they retail for $16 USD, as a set $42 USD (the set is cheaper than many individual brushes on the market). So I got the set.
     From Sigma website: "The brushes in this collection feature exclusive Sigmax filament, specially designed to apply powder and liquid products without absorption into the fibers. The shape, density and height of the filaments were carefully engineered to perfectly buff products onto the skin, resulting in a high definition effect."
From left to right below (top to bottom above):
F80 Flat Top Kabuki for applying and blending liquid, cream, and powder products
F84 Angled Top Kabuki for flawless application of cream, powder, and liquid products onto your cheeks
F82 Round Top Kabuki for precise makeup application under the eyes and around the nose using liquid and powder products
These are just Sigma suggestions, I think one uses brushes for jobs that work for you individually.
These brushes are so incredibly dense and soft. I use the F80 everyday to apply my foundation. It is everything Lisasz09 described. No brush that I've tired to date blends as easily and as seamlessly as this one. They don't shed and are worth every penny. I'm tempted to get rid of my other foundation brushes now that I've found my holy grail :)
 This mini blending brush was a bonus treat from Sigma. I like it... I like it a lot.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the picture and review. I have been wanting to try out Sigma for a while but still unsure about the quality. These sound like really great soft brushes.

    ReplyDelete