Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tamanu Face & Body Oil

A 1 minute and 33 second, online video clip of Dr. Oz show had me searching for tamanu oil.  According to the clip, this oil is a Polynesian secret for beautiful skin. It combats scars, wrinkles, and most of all acne.
It can also be used as a treatment for: burns, arthritis, oozing wounds, rheumatism, bruises, sciatica, open sores, heatstroke, hemorrhoids, ulcers, septicemia, conjunctivitis, athlete's foot, ringworm, pneumonia, boils, jock itch, bladder and urinary tract infections, swelling, infected nails, sore throat, stretch marks... omg! is there anything this oil isn't good for??
Pictured below my bottle, looking a bit beat up, I used about 3/4 of it. I couldn't find it in Toronto and ordered it online from The Source Skincare. This bottle cost me $18 USD.
It smells nutty, because it is made from nuts, so if you have nut allergies stay away. It's dark greenish brown in color, and it will stain your clothes and pillows, so beware.
 
Now, does it work??? Well not on my face... I didn't notice any drastic results that would warrant a repurchase. I also got tired of looking a my stained pillowcase every single morning. I will use it up as a body moisturizer, but I'm not sold on this miracle product.

No comments:

Post a Comment