Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Deborah Lippmann - Razzle Dazzle (nail polish swatch)

This gorgeous little bottle was a gift from my sister, Kinga. Luckily without having access to my lacquer spreadsheet, she got me a shade I don't own. I love DL polishes, and this one looks much better in person than it photographs.
daylight
 At first looking a the bottle I thought it was a black jelly base with magenta glitter. But once I started applying, I realized it's a very, very dark (blackened) raspberry-grape jelly base with magenta glitter, which under certain light conditions appears red or magenta-red.
flash
 Formula is awesome. Smooth application all the way. Pictured below, a layer of base coat, 3 coats of Razzle Dazzle, and 2 coats of a top coat.... nails feel smooth to the touch...
flash
daylight
daylight

3 comments:

  1. I have this color and I love the look of it, but it stains! I always use a base coat, but it still stained. Maybe it will help if I use more than one coat of base coat. Do you remember if it had a staining problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lindsay,
    I've had no staining issues with this color. I used an OPI base coat, but I no longer remember which one.

    ReplyDelete