Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Joe Fresh Style: Twilight (nail polish swatch)

Select Loblaws stores in Toronto (I'm not sure about the rest of Canada) carry Joe Fresh Style line of cosmetics and fashion. I was grocery shopping one day, did not intend to purchase any polish, but navigated down the beauty aisle anyways. Somehow entered a time warp and 30 minutes later walked out at the other end of the aisle with a dozen polishes in my basket, 6 by Joe Fresh. (Decided on takeout for dinner :))

Joe Fresh is a great line. The polishes are 3 for $10.00 CAD or 1 for $4.00 CAD. The bottles are only 6ml, but for someone who just passed the 150 mark with their collection, small bottles are a good thing. And when I saw Twilight, I just had to have it.

Twilight is a black-green jelly with gold flakes suspended in it. When I applied the first coat I was horrified. It was so ugly, thin, watery, streaky... I thought "Boy, this was a mistake..."... but after a third coat of polish, and a topcoat... I am in love... it is simply gorgeous... The flakes change color dimensions between copper, gold, green, teal, and blue... different light, different sparkle... I tried really hard to pick it up with my camera...came close, but it's so hard to capture a shade that shifts constantly...
You can see the gold, green, and blue flake color shifts in the above bottle pic. 

This fall Joe Fresh will be opening it's first flagship store in New York City (510 Fifth Avenue at 43rd Street), so if you have a chance I recommend trying their polishes, especially Twilight.

I picked up two bottles of this color. I figured eventually when or if I attain 100 followers I will include it as a part of a "Thank You" giveaway I will have. So stay tuned, this should happen in the next two years or so :)

2 comments:

  1. I HAVE THAT COLOUR

    [IMG]http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy306/oLETTHEMEATCAKEo/Random/IMG_1845.jpg[/IMG]

    ReplyDelete