Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra liquid foundation

Sometime in the middle of February, I received an email from Sephora informing me that my VIB status has been renewed. A 10% off entire purchase (no minimum purchase required) coupon has been included as a little treat. I read the fine print in the message, and apparently to be a Sephora VIB member all you need is your Sephora Beauty Insider card (register online to receive emails), and to spend $350 USD in store or online (returns are not counted), before shipping and taxes within a calendar year.  Ummmm…. yeah…. I can do that in 3 trips… yes I know I have a problem.

But anyways I'm looking for that IT foundation. I've been researching, sampling, testing, color matching, and I narrowed it down to the one I want.  This 10% off treat in my mail box made the purchase feel worth it. I decided to acquire Lancôme's  Teint Idole Ultra liquid foundation. This foundation retails for $50 CAD ($42 USD), so any discount was welcome.

I chose it because a couple days a week I had really long days, and I mean looooong. I left at 8am and came back home at around 1:30am the following day. So I needed a foundation that could keep up with me for most of my day, and provided more of a med to full coverage.

Well this wasn't it. It's feels nice, like the formula, but it does not give me the coverage I want or need. Nor does it last 14 hours retouch-free as advertised... 8 at best.

Like it... don't love it... no repurchase.

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried the Dior Capture Totale cover up? I really like it, and I find it lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried Dior yet... it's on the list though :)

    ReplyDelete