Friday, April 29, 2011

Le Métier de Beauté Nail Lacquer - Neoteric Leaf (nail polish swatch)

Jay: There is a package here for you...
Me: Where from?
Jay: Neiman Marcus. What's in it?
Me: Probably nail polish...
Jay: How many bottles?
Me: Just one...
Jay: No seriously, the box is huge, how many did you order?
Me: ... What do you mean huge?... I swear only one... open it...
Jay: (opens the box)...This is ridiculous.... 
I have to agree... pictured below...
 
Le Métier de Beauté Nail Lacquer  comes in the smallest bottle possibly I think... only 4ml but for a whopping $15.00 USD... ouch!!! But I wanted to add at least one to my collection. So I chose Neoteric Leaf for the following reasons:
1. On NM website the color legend indicated this shade is a beautiful dark green creme... not so you'll see... and it's no longer listed on NM website... did they sell out?
2. I could not find a color swatch of this shade online, and so I was intrigued... 
Below a comparison of size to a couple of standards... and as you can see the shade is not a creme...
 I see a lot of shimmer... but looking a the bottle is also a deceiving indicator of the shade...
 Application is a bit tricky, simply because the brush is kind of small. The polish dries quickly, but that doesn't help when you're not done painting your nail... Pictured below, a layer of base coat, 2 coats of Neoteric Leaf, and a layer of top coat... The color... unique... The base is green, but when light changes, it can go from a dark blue base, to gray, to black... the shimmer sometimes all silver, sometimes multi-color... I'm so confused by this shade and so in love with it at the same time... (clicking on the images should enlarge them)
flash
flash... the rainbow of shimmer is so gorgeous
daylight... see how the shade is all grayed out and the shimmer is all silver...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that really is a big box, far too big for one tiny polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from a fellow Canadian Le Metier junkie ;-) I get such a kick out of the huge boxes NM orders come in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. packaging is a definite hoot :)... and Le Métier is soooo hard to resist... maybe it's a good thing there isn't a counter near me...

    ReplyDelete