Sunday, April 17, 2011

LORAC aquaPrime makeup primer

This was a my first primer purchase a while back. It was a long decision process, because there is so much out there.  I settled for Lorac aquaPrime because it's water based, silicone free, and recommended for acne prone skin. It also doesn't contain any parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, petro-chemicals, or phthalates. This primer also "contains sodium hyaluronate, which hydrates and helps diminish the appearance of fine lines, creating an ultra smooth canvas for perfect, long-lasting, luminous makeup."

One of my favorite features of this primer is the packaging. I love upside down containers, somehow I feel reassured that no product will be left behind. The primer is a clear gel, sort of like a hand sanitizer in appearance and consistency. It applies rather easily, absorbs relatively quickly, and isn't sticky.

It also didn't do much for me. It didn't smooth out my skin any better, or make my makeup last any longer. So this is definitely not a repurchase. At $31.00 USD per tube, this is more of a purchase regret. Still I'm slowly using it up, on days when I do easy, lazy, makeup (usually weekends)... and once done I won't be going back for it.

1 comment:

  1. It's too bad it didn't do much for you, I'm really not a fan of face primers in general.

    ReplyDelete