Monday, April 4, 2011

One of a kind gift from the One of a Kind Show

A couple of times a year Torontonians are lucky enough to enjoy a One of a Kind Show. It's an exhibit  featuring an incredible array and variety of handcrafted items from some truly talented artists and craftspeople. As far as I know this show is also regularly hosted in Vancouver, Chicago, and New York. Jay and I have always meant to check it out, but something always came up. But finally this past weekend our schedules synced up and we went.

The show was outstanding. So many gorgeous items, so little money... lol... We did purchase a couple of items for ourselves, and a couple of items for upcoming birthdays. At the booth of one artist we saw something for both of us for "our" party in November. Once we saw it we talked to the vendor and learned about the items and walked away... we wanted to be sure about making this purchase. 5 minutes later we returned and acquired them. Gorgeous... no posts on it until after November...

However as I purchased our items the lovely lady said you know I have a gift for you, and presented me with this lovely box. Now I don't know if every purchase received a treat, or if it was something you received if you spent over a certain amount, or if she really liked us... but either way it made me feel special :)
 Inside the box a beautiful hand crafted, glass flower ring...
 I love it...

1 comment: