Friday, July 29, 2011

CHANEL Ombres Tissées Iridescent Effects Eyes in Beiges and Chanel Essentielle Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Gris Exquis

I did not purchase the following items. I did not even know I wanted them. Seems Jay knows my greedy Chanel heart better than I know it myself. He bought me Ombres Tissées Iridescent Effects Eyes in Beiges...
and Ombre Essentielle single eye shadow in Gris Exquis...
I love a great gray shadow....
flash
daylight (half shade, half sunshine)
He bought Ombres Tissées because when he passed it he thought he was looking at Swarovski crystals, when I first opened it I thought the same thing. Trust me the camera does not do the sparkle-shine-shimmer in this palette any justice. I took several pictures to try and convey a tad of it...

But other than the sparkle factor, the Iridescent Effects Eye palette is huge, 13g of product compared to 2g of single eye shadow. This is a beautiful highlighter that does not have to be limited to your eyes only...
Picture below taken without flash under my bathroom lights to try and capture the sparkle...
the pallete contains three shades: top champagne, middle light tan, bottom pink...
picture below taken with flash... the quilted texture of this palette is so gorgeous... I almost did not want to swatch it or wear it.... almost...
three shades swatched individually... from left to right: champagne, tan, pink
daylight
the three shades are very, very similar... basically indistinguishable in my pictures... 
flash
Below, from left to right: iridescent effects eyes mixed all together, the gorgeous gris exquis, and iridescent effects eyes topped with gris exquis... now that's a winning combo
daylight
flash

5 comments:

  1. That's SO cool! :) I've never seen something so unique, and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the embossing on the second shadow! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the beautiful photos and swatches. I have been looking forward to seeing the Ombres Tisses. Would you say this is a must-have?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it is gorgeous, the huge sparkle factor is an overspray, the product itself is luminous without chunks of glitter. But it's also $70 CAD. It's huge will last forever. Is it a must have? For any Chanel die hard out there 'yes', for a serious makeup collector/lover 'yes', otherwise 'no' it's expensive and while beautiful there are other gorgeous highlighters out there.

    ReplyDelete