Wednesday, July 6, 2011

CHANEL Precision Eyelash Curler

I think she knows my weakness… A few weeks back, I ventured to my favorite Chanel counter for a couple of items. I cashed out, and was just slowly making my way out while visually coveting everything I saw… and then my fave SA exclaimed,
SA: OMG… I forgot to tell you, we have a limited edition Chanel eyelash curlers!
ME: What? Limited edition?
SA: Yes, let me show you.
And so she did, and so I cashed out again. Chanel eyelash curler is a sleek black model that comes with two extra black rubber inserts (third already in the curler itself), and CHANEL logo stamped in white on the front.
 Eye lash curlers used to terrify me for the longest time. I mean nothing in my beauty stash looks so much like a surgical tool as does this scissors like thing, and then you are supposed to put it so close to your eyeball. My god the possible scenarios of things going horibly wrong that went through my head were enough to keep me away for years.

Eventualy the curiosity of curly lashes won out and I purchased a pair from Revlon with which on regular basis I would catch the corners of my eyelids… it hurt.

Then I decided to invest in a pair that appears to be a cult favorite, and haven't regretted my purchase. Shu Uemura eye lash curler is loved by many for a reason.

So I'm not sure how I got suckered into another pair, since I already own something that works great. But what the hell I thought, maybe there is a difference.
 I compared my two pairs and seriously other than the color, I cannot for the life of me tell the difference. Same shape, same curve, same results. I mean just look at them… Once I used them I felt that Chanel pair is a tad more heavier and it's just a tad more curved, but that just might be me trying to find differences that actually don't exist.
One clear difference (other than the color) is the price… Chanel around $10 CAD more… Strangely I have no regrets over this purchase… You never know when a spare pair will come in handy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment