Friday, July 22, 2011

Hourglass Aura Sheer Lip Stain

So about three weeks ago I went to Sephora for a couple of essentials. Once I had them in my basket I had to do a round of browsing.  At the Hourglass display I noticed a "new" sign and three interesting looking pen style lip products. I swatched them on the back of my hand... then went for kleenex to wipe them off.. and omg!... they totally stained my skin. The darkest, Scarlet (plum shade) most prominent, then Flush (described as berry pink, but to me red), then Petal (peachy pink) the lightest shade. Pictured below a couple of hours after the fact.
 So I needed the have one. This is perfect... a colored lip that won't wear off after a drink. I chose Flush, because it wasn't too light or too dark, just right :)
 Once you take off the cap, you can see the band of color that is the product. The felt tip top looks so pretty before the first use...
 It is also quite sizable and heavy for it's size... I like...
 no going back now...
daylight
flash
 It's a stain and I really love how it ads a bit more punch of color and definition to my lips. It has no shine on it's own (as pictured below). I use just a tad, because it is heavily pigmented and I can't pull off a bright red lip for everyday wear, but a light swatch of the stain followed by some gloss is a match made in lip heaven for me :)
Hourglass lip stain pens retail for $33.00 CAD... pricey... but I'm happy with my purchase...

No comments:

Post a Comment