Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mario Badescu Drying Cream

Well you can guess from the name that this is a cream but in no way a moisturizer :)…

This MB product targets those tiny little bumps under your skin (if you don't know what I'm talking about you can stop reading :) ) It helps to dry them up, prevents them from getting bigger and claiming further face real estate space. It contains aloe vera to help soothe and heal those spots that refuse to disappear...

This cream acts a bit as a concealer, and is best applied after moisturizer before makeup.

You need such a tiny, tiny amount of this stuff that seriously MB should consider downsizing this jar to a 1/4 of the original along with the price. I have a little sample jar that I got from MB in January, and with practically daily use I haven't hit bottom yet. The full sized version will dry out on me before I use it up.

This cream is clay in color, and I prefer to use it at night after my moisturizer. I know this can be used as a concealer but I just don't have the patience to blend it in. Somehow no matter how little I pick up it always ends up to be too much, and I'm left with pale blotches on my face. This does not bother me as I'm going to bed, but in the morning it would be a hassle to even out.

I'm on the fence on this one... It doesn't dry out my skin, but it doesn't have much of an impact either. I think I want it to work, but it just doesn't...

6 comments:

  1. I'm interested to try their products! Too bad this didn't work for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi VM,
    They do make some great stuff that I don't want to do with out... but you can't love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I SO wanna try Mario Badescu stuff but can't find it anywhere in the UK. Sooo frustrating.

    I actually had a sample of his Buffering Lotion a while ago and loved it so much.

    Great post :-)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Buffering Lotion rocks, one of my must haves at all times :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are there any sites/online stores in Canada that ship MB worldwide?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. the only place I know of is in Toronto www.delineation.ca they ships worldwide via mail order and they carry MB... before I found them I purchased my MB from the Mario Badescu site, and also sometimes HauteLook has it on sale as well...

    ReplyDelete