Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Not the best smelling jar, but effective. This mask contains colloidal sulfur which gives it that special scent, but it is also one of the best things for problematic skin. And it contains calamine which is soothing to an already irritated skin.

MB recommends this mask for face, chest, back… wherever you want to slather it on.  Apply a thin layer on clean skin all over or just where you have a situation brewing (of course staying clear of your eye area), wait 20min and rinse with tepid water. Recommended usage 2-3 times a week (I use it once every 11 days or so, because I alternate between 5 products). MB also recommends pairing this with their Healing & Soothing mask and Buffering Lotion (and I do have both of these). Apply Buffering Lotion to the spot before and after the mask for best results.

This mask is very effective at sucking up all the oil out of your skin and drying out those spots. After 20 min with it on, it's really, really hard to talk much less smile (so I don't, because it hurts). Such a relief when it's rinsing time :) When I rinse this off with just water my face feels oddly dry, like there is a layer of this stuff still on; so I follow with a cleanser and a toner.

Once done and lightly moisturized by skin feels firm (but not dry), supple, and clean.  So as you can already guess I like this mask, and as long as my face keeps acting up I'll be repurchasing...

No comments:

Post a Comment