Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sally Hansen Salon Effects - Real Nail Polish Strips

I finally found them, and now I know what all the hype is about. These do now even compare to Nicole by OPI version. The quality and effect is much more superior.
 
 I have no idea how they managed to formulate actual nail polish into strips, but for someone who has absolutely no patience or skill for nail design, these are a very fun alternative.

Each package comes with 16 strips, nail file, and instructions. Easy to follow, but give yourself time. For best results don't be pressed for time. Applying these evenly is the key.
 I chose "Raise a Glass" since we were attending a wedding, and I wanted something that would complement my outfit. This light champagne foil color seemed to fit the bill.
daylight
flash
Application was much easier and cleaner than with regular polish. No dry time is a big plus as well. Sally claims this mani will last up to 10 days, I got 3 but that is totally due to the bad shape my nails are in. Once you got all the wear you will, take off with nail polish remover.

Overall I enjoyed a quick, convenient mani. This one time use package cost me around $10.00 CAD, a bit pricey for something you only get to use once. I do prefer my bottles of color more, however for an occasional break from solid shades and a bit of fun these are great.

2 comments:

  1. thanks.. I'm going to try another design for sure

    ReplyDelete