Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise Cologne

Last winter I fell in love with vanilla. While during summer months I crave light, fresh scents, during fall and winter I want heavy, heady, powdery, to some probably cloying scents. Dior's Hypnotic Poison was my favorite. I didn't buy it, Jay spoiled me a bit and got enough samples last winter to last me until March… it was enough.

However as I'm already thinking about upcoming cold weather, I was contemplating of investing in a bottle. Cue a random visit to Holt Renfrew for nothing special. Random stop at Jo Malone counter just because it smells incredible... and my eye was instantly drawn to a cologne I haven't seen before Vanilla & Anise. I sampled it but wasn't sure as to how it will work with my skin chemistry. However either because Jo Malone SAs see us so frequently or because they are just really nice, I received a sample atomizer to test it out. (Well we received 4, but only 1 was vanilla).

I sprayed, I wore, I love... this scent is sweet, warm, comforting, a bit spicy, and simply delicious...

From Jo Malone website:
"Vanilla & Anise transports you to the floral landscape of Madagascar and captures the fleeting moment of the blossoming rare vanilla orchid. The fragile cream and white flowers found on the vanilla vine are a precious discovery: only one or two appear in the morning, and seemingly vanish by late afternoon."

Jo Malone colognes are great for layering. I've mixed Vanilla & Anise with Orange Blossom, and Grapefruit (don't own a bottle of this one, but have samples :)) and the result is heavenly. Jo Malone colognes while pricey are worth it, because they last and last...

I realized that Jay and I are becoming a bit of Jo Malone collectors... we just can't get enough. Haven't ventured into the bath oil, body creme, candle realm yet... but might eventually.

I also realize that this post isn't a very educated review of the scent, regarding dry down, notes, and such... but you can just google for a more sophisticated one :)

2 comments: