Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MAC Lipstick- Girl About Town

I don't remember the blog where I saw a swatch of this shade, but once I did I kept thinking about it.

Two weeks ago I was doing a lot of looking not a lot of shopping. But I stopped by HR and picked up a bottle of Estee Lauder nail paint, and swatched their Fall 2011 lipsticks. One is a bright magenta color, and I loved it. But I also remembered MAC's Girl About Town, so I went with my EL swatched hand to a MAC store to compare the two shades. EL is a bit darker, MAC cheaper. 

I picked up Girl About Town. The last time I wore fuchsia shade of lipstick I was 7 and playing with my mom's makeup. 

This is my second MAC lipstick, and I must say I do like it a lot. This shade has very nice deep, rich pigmentation, and no flavor, which is a total win-win.
daylight - shade
sunlight
late afternoon light
flash
 It's not an everyday color for me, but I have worn it to a birthday dinner, and I topped with with MAC lipglass in Athena's Kiss which was part of the MAC Wonder Woman limited edition collection. It looked awesome… well I liked it, Jay liked it, and that's all that matters.
daylight
flash
I reapplied 3 times during the night because I tend to eat my lipstick with dinner. When we came home I used my Dermalogica pre-cleanse oil to remove my makeup and lipstick. My lips were seriously stained pink, even the next day. I kind of like that sort of staying power… I need a reason to wear it again :)

3 comments: