Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Since I have Vichy Dermablend foundation and I love it. I decided to try their setting powder as well. It retails for around $30.00 CAD in Shoppers Drug Mart for a 28g container. 

The instructions included with this product indicate this setting powder is for High-Coverage Corrective Foundation that comes in a jar (which I don't own). I was curious to try it anyways. Especially since it's hypo-allergenic, non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic, fragrance free, spf 30, and tested on sensitive skin.

This setting powder comes with a puff for application; and I tend to apply it as per picture instructions that were included. Basically I use the puff to heavily dust this onto my face. I look as if a bag of flour just exploded in my face. Then I wait a few minutes and using my favorite big dense brush, brush off all the extra product. Presto my face is set for about 6-8 hours.

As you can see in the picture the powder is white but turns translucent once all the extra is brushed off, and is great at keeping my foundation in place.  The claim on the packaging is 16 hours of hold. Not for me, but maybe it's because I'm not using it with the right foundation. Either way it's nice, glad  I tried it, will use it up, and then most likely try something else, because that's just who I am :) But I see myself coming back to this..

No comments:

Post a Comment