Wednesday, September 28, 2011

not beauty related

 it's about books... I love them... can't get enough of them... I don't favor one type of genre over other. I read it all... I'm curious about every single book, and what's behind it's pages... It saddens me that my lifespan limits me to only a fraction of the world's library...

But anyways. If I stumble upon a series that seem to relate to each other, I need to read them in order... I cannot just read one book for pleasure. There have been occurrences where I bought a book started to read it, sometimes finished it, only to realize it's the next chapter of some series. I am unable to stop at that book, and it annoys me that I know what happened if I have to backtrack to earlier volumes :)

I read the Farseer Trilogy by Robin Hobb, upon a recommendation. Only once I put the third volume down, did I find out there are two books that precede it. The story lines don't intertwine closely, there is a huge time gap between them, so really they don't need to be read in order, but I wish I had. Now I'll have to backtrack two books, and then continue on...

Oh yeah I bought all Robin Hobb books I could lay my hands on... and have them arranged in order of reading (once I'm done with the Stieg Larsson books)... Now I need to find some time for my favorite activity :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to check out these authors, there's nothing worse than not having a good book to read!!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete