Saturday, September 3, 2011

Stilla's Lip & Cheek Stain pen in Coconut Crush

I did not purchase this item. The weekend of Aug 6-7 Sephora had a VIB treat that I took advantage of. If you were a VIB member and spent over $35.00 on merchandise you received a box with a whole bunch of treats. I gave away most, but I kept 3 for myself. One of them being Stilla's Lip & Cheek Stain pen in Coconut Crush a champagne bronze.
This is my first Stilla lip item, so I looked it up on Sephora. The gimmick of this product is that it reacts with the pH level of your skin to "create a perfectly personalized hue". The formula contains antioxidants, vitamins A,C, and E, and fruit extracts which slow down the degradation of collagen.

So here we go with the swatches. The color looked very promising... and as you can see it is a brush applicator. It smells absolutely delicious... that is if you enjoy coconut type scents :)
 hmmmm on my arm the color applied unevenly and on the sheer side... but the color once again looked promising... a kind of rusty red...
flash
late afternoon sunlight
 On the left the swatch wiped off... on the right a dab blended in... and I hate it... On my skin tone with my pH this shade turns into a bruise or maybe a weird skin discoloration... either way  not flattering at all. The sparkle doesn't really translate; it's there, but once you blend the product it goes all over the place, and it's not pretty.
late afternoon sunlight
flash
 the same thing for my lips, I don't know if you can tell from my pictures, but the application was really uneven, and blotchy, and I layered this on... once again the sparkle settled into lines and just wasn't flattering... the formula is kind of watery and drying at the same time. I did not like the feel of this on my lips on its own... and I wasn't won over by the color.
late afternoon sunlight
flash
Impressions. At $32.00 CAD ($24.00 USD) I am really happy that it was free, because I'd hate to waste my money on it. While the coconut scent is lovely, it's not lovely enough. I really dislike this color (on my skin tone), I wasn't won over by the formula, and don't wish to spend my own money to try a different shade. Overall... very blah...

No comments:

Post a Comment