Tuesday, November 1, 2011

back too soon :(

During my 3 night stay in New York, I got approx 15 hours of sleep… my sister even less than that. I was too exhausted yesterday to post…

But our trip was super awesome, even if all of Saturday, the weather was super nasty. It was snowing and raining at the same time, it felt like being pelted by sticky slush. Strong cold wind didn't help any either. So on Saturday the weather slowed us down a bit, but we were out in full force on Friday and Sunday.

We saw so much, and yet we didn't see enough :) We ate, we drank, we made new friends, and one of us reconnected with some old ones :) We didn't shop as much as I thought we would. I acquired 3 Illamasqua polishes, but no Le Métier de Beauté or Edward Bess. SA's at cosmetic section  at Bergdorf Goodman were too in your face and aggressive, I felt hassled and pressured, couldn't handle it… maybe next time.

However BG shoe department was pure heaven. I din't buy anything, but looking and touching was still fun… well for moi :)

New York Public Library, the Brooklyn Bridge, Central Park, Bryant Park, 5th Avenue, 6th Avenue, Soho, Tribecca, Lower East Side, Macy's, The Plaza, Mandarin Oriental Hotel, King's Circle, restaurants and bars… everything is a blur, but a really great blur :)

Oh and we stayed at the most incredible hotel ever… The Setai on 5th and 37th… it was wonderful… beds soft and comfy, huge washrooms, and awesome treats every single day… This is the hotel I will be comparing all other hotels I stay at in the future to. It was really hard to leave :)

No comments:

Post a Comment