Thursday, November 10, 2011

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil

This is the last cleansing oil that I've been really curious about... for now that is. I really liked most of Josie Maran products that I have tried to date, and since I need to clean my makeup off with oil, I decided to give this bottle a try.

Excerpts from Sephora.com:
... multitasking cleanser removes makeup and skin impurities while providing deep hydration. Almond, safflower seed, and grape seed oils cleanse the skin's surface and renew every layer of the skin. The non-greasy texture leaves skin feeling moisturized, never tight or dry.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan
 

... ideal for all skin types... restores the skin's natural moisture and pH balance. .... Rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, ... known to prevent skin dehydration, inflammation, hyperpigmentation, and excess production of sebum.

Directions for use: apply onto dry skin, massage in, wet hands continue to massage to emulsify, rinse.

I should have asked for a sample first before I spent my money on it. It retails for $32.00 USD... I believe $38.00 CAD. To me somehow it feels thick and heavy when applied. When I wet my hands and touch my face, I get this flash of heat that has nothing to do with water, because I always makes sure it's lukewarm to cool. Something in the oil reacts with H2O, the flash of heat isn't unpleasant or harsh, but it was surprising. It has a sweet scent, that's isn't winning me over. It does emulsify great, and rinses easily, leaving my skin feeling soft and clean.

But I won't be repurchasing, because, it tastes horrible. I don't know how I manage to always get this in my mouth, I haven't had this problem with previous oils I used. The flavor is horribly bitter, it makes me gag, and it stays with me for hours, even if I brush my teeth and tongue right after it happens. I try to keep my mouth tightly closed when I rinse my face, but once it's on my lips, I can taste it... yuck...

After I use this bottle up... I'm going back to Boscia... my first and still favorite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment