Thursday, November 3, 2011

Laura Mercier Silk Crème Foundation

This foundation is either loved or hated. There doesn't seem to be a happy middle. I fall into the first group. I think this foundation is great, if you take care…

First I love the packaging. Squeeze tube ensures that I dispense the amount of product I want. It is also great for travel, no chance or breakage and very slim one of spillage.

The product is thick and creamy (well it is "cream foundation" after all). I find I need a lot and I mean a lot less then what I initially thought. I dot it on my face, and blended in using my fingers. Then with a barely damp Sephora beauty sponge I quickly dab all over my face, conceal, powder, and presto done for the day. I find this foundation to be full-coverage, and for me, even-though I have imperfections, the "less is more" approach works really well.

Because amount needed to cover my face is so small (a very, very small pea size), this 30ml tube will last for a very long time. So at $55 CAD per package, it's pricey but worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard much about this foundation but am intrigued.
    I love Laura's TMs but never tried any of her foundations. Hmmm... :-P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3: cream, liquid, and I'm almost done with powder... I really like them. But I recommend anyone who's intrigued to acquire a sample first, you might not feel the same :)

    ReplyDelete