Monday, November 14, 2011

the makeup: Tara McPeake

That was a tough one. I wanted to be just like Kate, and do my own, so my William sees me, only better. But who am I kidding, I'd most likely go overboard or not quite enough. A search for a professional began. And I mean professional and not a visit to a makeup counter. I found Tara online. Her before and after gallery had me sold, as did her price list (compared to others I viewed, hers was reasonable). Who knew, 'wedding' makeup was soooo expensive???

Tara was worth every penny. She came to my home for both the trail (a month before) and on THE day, I did not feel rushed, she was completely professional, efficient, and just overall fantastic. My makeup consisted of airbrush base, eye cheek lip color, and false eyelashes. I acquired the lip pencil and gloss myself after the trial because I really liked it, and I used it to touch up throughout the night.

I asked her to make my eyes the focal point.. to distract from the rest of my face :), I think she delivered :)

PS. this image is from my trial in October... as you can see plenty of going on, on my chin... but the eyes do stand out and distract :)

No comments:

Post a Comment