Tuesday, November 8, 2011

REN ClearCalm 3 Acne Treatment Mask

I picked this up at Sephora in NY, I just remembered reading a favorable review on it somewhere. The back of the box sounded promising as well.

This mask is formulated for problematic, acne prone skin types... well that would be me. It aims to fight three main causes of acne:
1 - excess sebum
2 - build up of dead skin cells
3 - acne causing bacteria

Main acne fighting ingredient in this mask if 5% of sulfur, but it also contains licorice extract, zinc gluconate, willow bark extract, calcium carbonate, kaolin, camphor, among other things.

Other than its acne fighting and acne preventative measures it also claims to lighten the appearance of pigmented acne scars.

Instructions for use. Apply on cleansed areas of the face...for me that's my whole face :), wait 15 min, and rinse with warm water. Use twice a week for optimal results.

First I really like the feel of this mask. Upon application it feels rich and creamy... not drying at all. The scent might be unappealing to some. It has a distinctive camphor scent (it is the 4th ingredient listed), sort of like Vicks VapoRub. This mask does not dry to a crusty layer on your face. It remained cream like for the whole 20-25 minutes I had it on one time. I got used to the scent, and forgot about it. It really feels as if it's soothing and healing my skin.

At $45.00 USD it is pricey, but I see myself repurchasing, just because it feels so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment