Tuesday, December 6, 2011

CHANEL Les Deux Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer Duo

I received this from Jay in October. I'm posting it now, because I liked it so much, that I gifted one to someone early in November. I'm not sure if this person checks my blog or not, but I didn't want to risk it, and then I didn't want to interrupt my wedding posts line up :)

This is a limited edition CHANEL gift set for 2011 Holiday season. From CHANEL.com:
"An exclusive pairing of best-selling Spark, a golden berry, and Liaison, a glitter-tinged translucent shade available only in this set. Includes a mini LE CRAYON LÈVRES Precision Lip Definer in Nude; all, encased in an elegant Chanel makeup bag."

The box is gorgeous frosted gold with black CHANEL logo. When I looked at it for the first time, I knew it must house something worth having :)
Inside a black patent makeup bag, this time with gold CHANEL logo, that I'm sure I can find use for :)
love the snowflake zipper tag...
Both glosses are full size, lip pencil is mini, and I can always use a good pencil sharpener...
When you look at Spark in the tube, it looks like a dark red-rusty-copper shade. But upon application CHANEL is right it is a berry colored lip gloss with gold shimmer. Not plum berry, but more of a raspberry. I really like this color, it's pretty and flattering, giving your lips a nice pink flush.

Liaison is a clear lip gloss with glitter. I remember the days when I used to hate glitter gloss, but somehow thankfully that phase has passed. This gloss gives your lips a nice shiny look on its own, and gives any lipstick you have on an extra glossy oopmh that I quite enjoy.

The lip pencil is called Mordore-Nude... and since Mordore means Bronzed... I just call it brown... I'm not a fan of brown lipstick or lip pencils, so I wasn't sure how it was going to play out...
shade
direct sunlight
flash
Liaison on it's own on my lips... I'm kind of fascinated by the uneven pigmentation of my lips up close... I never knew they look like that :) Regardless, I am loving this gloss...
Spark on it's own... yummy...
then I decided to play with the pencil... I colored my lips with it first then added a coat of spark... and well I'm quite happy with the result... it's not brown, it's not pink... it's intense and a great shade for fall... 
Please excuse the uneven application and just try to focus on the color :) I was rushing, trying to catch the good daylight before it disappeared...
flash
last moments of good daylight
I find these glosses to be moisturizing, and lovely to have on. Non-sticky, non-flavored, non-scented... my first CHANEL glosses are a win :)

5 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous shades!!and the bag is so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I'm loving these glosses... excellent formulation has me craving more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'd spotted the glosses in the tubes I probably wouldn't have given them a second glance but they look fanstastic on! The colour just looks so rich and deep, the little hint of glitter is beautiful... Though to be honest I'd probably have bough this just to get the bag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know :), I'm loving this little bag as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this same set, except different colors! I wanted this set, but Nordstrom did not have it. Through this set I was introduced to their glossimers and lip liners :) Love them

    ReplyDelete